Festival to be held May 3 through May 6, 2018 at the
Jane B. Cook Theatre,
FSU/Asolo Center for the Performing Arts
5555 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota FL 34243.
1. Play Length & Actor Limit | Each submitted play must run no less than 9 or more than 11 minutes—generally between 7 and 11 pages using standard play formatting. The cast may not exceed 5 actors.
2. Eligibility | Plays considered eligible for production by Theatre Odyssey in its annual Ten-Minute Play Festival must be the work products of persons who are legal Florida residents and who reside in the Gulf Coast area of Florida (generally Tampa Bay to Naples). In the case of collaborations, the residency requirement pertains to all authors. Applicants must be a minimum of nineteen (19) years of age.
3. Originality | We seek work that is new, inventive, fresh, and is not an adaptation of another work. Submissions shall not have been previously presented as a full production before an audience of paying persons in any venue in the Gulf Coast area of Florida (generally Tampa Bay to Naples).
4. Submission Limit and Fees | There is a submission limit of 3 plays per playwright. Regardless of multiple submissions, no playwright shall have more than one entry selected for production in the Ten-Minute Play Festival.
5. Submission Guidelines | Play submissions must be made using one of the following two options:
6. Confirmation of Originality | In addition, the cover sheet must contain the following statement signed and dated by the playwright(s) In the case of collaborations, this statement must be signed and dated by all authors:
“I agree to Theatre Odyssey’s submission requirements and understand that Theatre Odyssey will only consider original work. Plays submitted which are based on any other published work, including but not limited to novels, short stories, films, teleplays, other theatrical scripts, etc., unless also written by the submitting author(s), are ineligible. I understand Theatre Odyssey will make final production decisions based on the quality of the work and practicality of production, and such decisions shall be final. If my play is selected for production in the Ten-Minute Play Festival, for the purpose of the festival playbill, I will provide the Company with a maximum one hundred fifty (150)-word biography and a 5×7, 8×10 or JPG high-resolution photo and a one-sentence description of the submitted play”
7. Deadline and Submission | All submissions must be postmarked on or before February 23, 2018 and mailed to:
Send electronic submissions to:
Mail printed submissions to:
PO Box 1383
Sarasota, FL 34230-1383
Download a PDF of the 2018 Thirteenth Annual Ten-Minute Play Festival submission guidelines HERE.