Theatre Odyssey announces a call for ten minute plays for our ninth Annual festival to be held March 29 – 31, 2013.
Each play must be presented within ten minutes (generally between seven and ten pages). The cast should not exceed five actors. Theatre Odyssey will make final production decisions based on appropriateness of content and practical ability to produce the play.
- All playwrights must reside in the central Gulf Coast of Florida (Tampa to Ft. Myers).
- The playwright must agree to be present at the award performance March 31, 2013 in Sarasota, Florida.
- There is a submission limit of three plays per playwright. The first submission is free. Each subsequent submission (2) is $15.00 each. Payment by check to Theatre Odyssey accompanying the play submission.
- Each submission or submissions must have a separate cover sheet containing the author’s name, contact information and 150-word bio. Separately, please email a headshot photo (jpg high resolution) to email@example.com. The cover sheet should contain a statement indicating, “I understand that Theatre Odyssey will only consider original work. Plays submitted which are based on any other published work, including but not limited to novels, short stories, teleplays or other theatrical scripts, unless also written by the submitting author, are ineligible. I hereby state that my submission meets this standard.”
- Three copies of each submission are required preferably using Microsoft word with no author identification.
- All submissions must be received by December 15, 2012.
- All submissions should be mailed to:
c/o Melliss Kenworthy
1430 S. Orange Avenue
Sarasota, Florida 34239
A select panel of three judges reviews all plays. The reviewers are independent of Theatre Odyssey and each submission is reviewed without author identification.
Theatre Odyssey Presents: Volume 2:
Theatre Odyssey is pleased to announce that each 2013 finalist will have an opportunity to have their play published in volume 2 of Theatre Odyssey’s ten minute play festival 2010-2013 book to be released at the end of 2013.
Theatre Odyssey was founded in 2006 to encourage and promote the efforts of local playwrights and actors. Over the years, the group has premiered over 60 plays written, directed and performed by Gulf Coast playwrights, actors and directors.